Author: Abby Goode
Copyright and Authorship
Preface to the 2018 Edition
1. The Uncanny Representation of Sandy Eyes and Castration
2. Let's Talk about Death, Baby!
3. Freud, Incest, and Hamlet
4. Nautical Nonsense
5. Scarred for Life
6. I See Dead People. Maybe.
7. "The Uncanny" of Psychoanalysis
8. "To Go Back"
9. La Vuelta De Carmen Maura (¡QUE EXTRAÑO!)
10. Psychoanalysis is the dark web of our minds
11. "Women's Troubles" Isn't Restricted to Period Blood Anymore
II. Feminisms, Constructivisms, Essentialisms
12. An Introduction to Feminist Theory
13. Pass That Privilege Right on Over
14. Constructing the Essentials, a DIY guide to Feminism
15. She's Perfect, Until She's Not
16. Good Girl Gone Bad: A Look at Where Angel and Monster Merge
17. One Of These Things Is Not Like the Other....And, It's Okay
18. How Can Nella Larsen Be an Essentialist and a Constructivist in the Same Book?
19. Loose Definition of Feminism
20. Constructionist Vs Essentialist Feminism
21. Green Beans Are Awesome, These Fools Just Don't Know It Yet
22. The Angry Woman in the Attic
23. Underwear analogies are fun. Content warning: killer abs.
24. Freud was Wrong: Psychologist Burned by Local Feminism(s)
25. Pen Island
III. Gender and Sexuality
26. All The World's A Stage
27. Constructing Gender
28. We are the Constructs.
29. Here's to Another Week Where bettyc005 Tries to Put Words Together Nicely
30. An Introduction to Ideology
31. Feeding the American Disease
32. Postcolonialism and its Problems
33. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
34. A Few of the Things Wrong with Pocahontas
35. Shanti's Self-fulfilled Prophecy
36. Postcolonial Critique: Fern Gully
37. Colonizers vs. The Colonized: Black Panther
38. Unca Eliza as Hybrid Colonizer
39. Pocahontas standing on a rock and John Smith Standing on another rock opposite her with water between them is just a metaphor for British colonialism.
40. Trouble in Paradise: Hawaii, Golf, and Postcolonialism
41. Disney's Tarzan: Revealing the Positives and Negatives of Colonialism
42. Postcolonialism in Aladdin
43. The World is a Meshy Place
44. The Tree of Life and the Problem with Nature
45. The Nature of Romantic Literature
46. (M)other Nature
VII. Critical Theory in the Community
47. Earth Jam in Our Community
48. What Does "Free" Mean to a Student? Ideology and First Fire
49. The Sisters of St. Catherine in Avignon, France
50. Is Camping Secondary Colonialism?
51. Theory and Teaching
52. Freud's Uncanny Meets a Dream Play
53. Ecotheory and the Bernsen Art Gallery
54. Earth Jam's Reality Check
56. Critical Analysis in the Community: The Hierarchy of Knowledge and Architecture on Plymouth Campus
57. A Gender Performance
58. Casual Fridays are for Discussing Sexual Assault and Queer Ecology
59. Tabletop Role-Playing Games: The Nesting Doll of Ideology
60. Crazy Fake Slut Bitch - Feminist?
61. Women in Comedy
62. Ragtime and Racial Identity
63. Battle of the Sexes, sortof
64. Let's Talk About Yoga & [British] Colonialism (Through a Secondary Colonialist Lens)
65. Dark Ecology's Presence at Earth Jam
66. The Inescapable Gender Binary
67. Thinking Beyond Nature; Jam, Earth, Jam.
68. In Full Velvet - Queer Ecology
69. If Althusser Rode an ATV
70. Challenging Compulsory Heterosexuality in Dancing with the Community Stars
71. Host, Parasite, Panama Canal
The Student Theorist: An Open Handbook of Collective College Theory by Abby Goode is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.